Helping Keep The Surrey Community Local
Mon October 26, 2020
- Chertsey crash: Two killed and one injured - Two men are killed when their Volkswagen Golf is involved in a two-car crash in Chertsey.
- RideLondon: Surrey County Council plans to withdraw support - Surrey County Council's proposals will see it pull out of hosting the RideLondon 100-mile sportive.
- Burglar who murdered Godstone pensioner Dennis Kellond jailed - Darren McClean was jailed for 32 years for the murder of 88-year-old Dennis Kellond at his home.
- Rob Smith: Presenter to step down from BBC South East Today - Rob Smith joined the BBC as a reporter on BBC Radio Kent before presenting BBC South East Today.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.