Helping Keep The Surrey Community Local
Sat August 15, 2020
- Tina Baker murder: Fresh dig for body ends with nothing found - Tina Baker's husband was jailed for at least 14 years for her murder but no body has ever been found.
- VJ Day: UK commemorates 75th anniversary as royals lead tributes - Senior royals are to lead tributes to mark the day World War Two ended with the surrender of Japan.
- UK heatwave: Thunderstorms and flash floods after scorching heat - Flash floods spark travel disruption, after yellow storm warnings are issued for swathes of the UK.
- Coronavirus: Lockdown to ease further in England from Saturday - More beauty treatments, small wedding receptions and live indoor shows can resume this weekend.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.