Helping Keep The Surrey Community Local
Sun January 24, 2021
- Lockdown: Pilot fined after landing at RAF Valley 'to see beach' - Richard Charles Priestley Wood flew from Surry to Anglesey in May while Wales was in lockdown.
- Redhill man 'had explosives and jihad documents' - Asad Bhatti is accused of terrorism offences after police raided a property in Redhill, Surrey.
- New £1bn fleet of South Western Railway trains delayed - Rail minister Chris Heaton-Harris says the 90 trains are not expected in service until early summer.
- Covid-19 vaccinations: Your Questions Answered - We answer questions about the roll out of vaccinations to the elderly and vulnerable.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.