Helping Keep The Surrey Community Local
Fri July 19, 2019
- Salesian School supports pupils after Sam Connor, 14, hit by train - A special mass is held at a Catholic school after a 14-year-old pupil is killed by a train.
- Former Surrey police officer charged with on-duty rape - Derek Seekings is charged with seven rapes of a woman while serving as a Surrey Police officer.
- Aliny Godinho murder: Ex-husband jailed for 27 years - Aliny Godinho was murdered by her ex-husband Ricardo in front of their three-year-old daughter.
- Child mental health unit referrals 'up nearly 50%' - The figures, which are across the UK, are 'deeply worrying', say the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.